CALL TO ACTION AGAINST FASCISM & ANTI-SEMITISM: 25 OCTOBER – 9 NOVEMBER
In the year since our first call to action, we have lost over one hundred lives to white terror. But we have also found each other. And we are many more than we first thought.
But people are still dying — people like us and people not like us – and others held captive in camps and cages. And to the anti-Semitic violence sweeping the West, the ruling class has no answer. Each and every attack on our people has been used to justify new police powers, and to pit us one against the other.
In the fighting spirit of last year’s International Days of Action, and of centuries of Jewish popular struggle, we are calling for people everywhere to join us in a second global wave of action: two weeks of resistance and revolt against the far right, two weeks of total non-cooperation with the institutions, the political parties, and the private enterprises that collaborate with them.
Beginning the weekend of 25 October, around the one-year anniversary of the Tree of Life pogrom in the USA, the actions will continue through the weekend of 9 November, marking one month since the attempted pogrom in Halle as well as 81 years since Kristallnacht.
We see today, as we have seen before, organized violence – sanctioned by the state, blessed by the church, funded and defended by the ruling class – directed against ethnoracial, religious, sexual, and gender minorities. But today we are fighting back, as we always have. And together we say that an attack on any of us is an attack on all of us.
This call is therefore also a call to solidarity with peoples everywhere struggling for life and for freedom: from Brazil to Burma, Catalunya to Chile, China to Ecuador to Egypt, Germany to Greece to Iraq, Kashmir to Kurdistan, Lebanon to Palestine, Poland to Russia, Sudan to United States and beyond.
As our comrades from Pittsburgh, USA remind us:
“Even in the most challenging moments, we can learn from the choices and traditions of our ancestors to imagine what resistance and healing can look like today. We as Jews can claim our unique history of anti-fascist resistance and use it to inspire our current struggle against anti-semitism, white nationalism, and fascism. We hope this [time] of commemoration offers us all space for both healing and fighting back.”
- Mark your calendars for 25 October – 9 November. Call your own people to action on these dates in solidarity with the Outlive Them International. The Weeks of Action will begin with an anti-fascist Shabbat (called by some of our people in Pittsburgh), and continue through to the International Day of Action on 9 Nov.
- Share word of this weekend of action widely. Craft your own call: use or edit our words, images, and resources as you see fit. Come up with the strategies, targets, and tactics best suited to your own community.
- In unity is our strength. Reach out to other groups already resisting the murderous far right in your area or start your own. Organize an action together. Forge connections with other oppressed communities that will endure beyond the International Weeks of Action.
- Document your actions and those of the oppressors. Share images, stories, and reports with your social networks using the hashtag #OutliveThem. Then share them with us at email@example.com. Please include only as much identifying information as participants consent to give.
- Be safe, be smart, and be dangerous. Consider people’s needs, capabilities, and vulnerabilities. Plan lower-risk actions that different people can participate in. People may or may not choose to plan higher-risk actions. We ask that all who answer this call be prepared to support each other in case of arrest, detention, or repression.
WHEREVER WE STAND, WE STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DONDEQUIERA QUE ESTEMOS, DE PIE EN CONTRA DEL FASCISMO
OÙ QUE NOUS SOYONS, DEBOUT CONTRE LE FASCISME
Где бы мы ни стояли, мы против фашизма.
איפה שאנחנו עומדים, אנחנו עומדים נגד פאשיזם
حيثما نقف فنقف ضد الفاشية
GDZIEKOLWIEK JESTEŚMY, JESTEŚMY PRZECIW FASZYZMOWI
AŤ UŽ JSME KDEKOLI, STOJÍME PROTI FAŠISMU
Όπου κι αν είμαστε, είμαστε ενάντια στον φασισμό
ON SIGUEM, DRETS CONTRA EL FEIXISME
ONDE QUER QUE ESTEJAMOS, ESTAMOS CONTRA O FASCISMO